10 min Oven-Baked Salmon
(GF, RSF, DF, V, T)
You know we are huge proponents of omega 3 fatty acids for anti-inflammation, as well as lubrication for your digestive tracts, and a solid serve of goodness for the brain. Enter salmon! We hope you enjoy the simplicity of this recipe. Team it up with any sides you like for a hearty nutritious meal.
- 1 fillet of salmon (wild-caught recommended)
- Drizzle of Olive oil
- 3 thin slices of lemon
- Salt + Pepper
GF – Gluten free
RSF – Refined sugar free
DF – Dairy free
V – Vegan
T – Tran-seasonal
Best in spring // summer
Best in fall // winter
1. Preheat oven to 200C //400F
2. Wrap your salmon fillet in either aluminium foil or parchment paper like little parcels.
3. Seal the parcel by scrunching or folding above the fillet to create a little bit of space between the top of the fillet and the closed foil / paper
4. Prior to closing the top of the parcel, drizzle salmon with olive oil and add salt and pepper
5. Place 3 slices of lemon over the top of the fillet
6. Bake for 10 mins
7. Test gently piercing the flesh with a knife – if it looks to pink, you can put it back in the oven until you have achieved the desired texture
8. Unwrap from parchment paper and serve immediately
Adapted from the My New Roots Life Changing Bread, this loaf will be a staple in your life – You’re WELCOME! It is super simple to make and contains a variety of nuts and seeds that act as both healthy fats and quality protein – by noshing on this bread, you’ll be actively supporting your blood sugar levels and the ripple effect of that is like a hug to hormones, sleep, energy and so much more.
We all have an innate knowledge of how to take care of ourselves but if we are overexposed to the noise of too many external opinions, our access to this personal formula can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel like it.many external opinions, our access to this personal formula
can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can
choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel
Over here at Body Medicine we truly see ‘Food as Medicine’ above all else. Mama Nature would want that for all of us. It’s empowering to understand that health is provided to us locally and sustainably and while supplements can be a huge benefit, nothing matters more than the very foundation of our diet.