(GF, RSF, DF, V, Best in Spring // Summer)
A golden batch of taro fries is an excellent source of dietary fiber and good carbohydrates, which both improve the function of your digestive system. We recommend keeping leftovers and adding them to meals as a side for a healthy dose of starch and of course for some extra deliciousness.
- 2 taro roots, peeled and chopped into the shape of fries
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- Generous sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive oil to drizzle
GF – Gluten free
RSF – Refined sugar free
DF – Dairy free
V – Vegan
T – Tran-seasonal
Best in spring // summer
Best in fall // winter
- Preheat oven to 200C // 350F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the taro evenly across the tray
- Sprinkle the cornmeal and nutritional yeast over the taro, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and then slightly toss on the baking tray
- Bake for 30-40mins, checking every 15 mins to flip the taro
Adapted from the My New Roots Life Changing Bread, this loaf will be a staple in your life – You’re WELCOME! It is super simple to make and contains a variety of nuts and seeds that act as both healthy fats and quality protein – by noshing on this bread, you’ll be actively supporting your blood sugar levels and the ripple effect of that is like a hug to hormones, sleep, energy and so much more.
We all have an innate knowledge of how to take care of ourselves but if we are overexposed to the noise of too many external opinions, our access to this personal formula can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel like it.many external opinions, our access to this personal formula
can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can
choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel
Over here at Body Medicine we truly see ‘Food as Medicine’ above all else. Mama Nature would want that for all of us. It’s empowering to understand that health is provided to us locally and sustainably and while supplements can be a huge benefit, nothing matters more than the very foundation of our diet.