Date Loaf w/ Ricotta + Strawberries
(GF, RSF, Best in spring // summer)
This is a decadent and equally nutrient kick off to any given day of the week. If you are vegan or dairy intolerant, feel free to sub honey for maple syrup and use a ricotta nut-based alternative.
- 2 slices of date loaf, toasted (see separate recipe)
- 1 tbsp full-fat ricotta cheese
- 5 strawberries, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
GF – Gluten free
RSF – Refined sugar free
DF – Dairy free
V – Vegan
T – Tran-seasonal
Best in spring // summer
Best in fall // winter
- Generously spread the toasted loaf w/ ricotta cheese
- Top w/ strawberries and pine nuts .
- Drizzle with honey
- Preheat oven to 200C // 375F
- Place all items into a bowl and combine well .
- Let cook 1-2 mins, add the maple syrup and cook for a further 2 mins ensuring the heat is low.
- Spread evenly onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10 mins or until the nuts and seeds start to brown .
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to 6 weeks
Adapted from the My New Roots Life Changing Bread, this loaf will be a staple in your life – You’re WELCOME! It is super simple to make and contains a variety of nuts and seeds that act as both healthy fats and quality protein – by noshing on this bread, you’ll be actively supporting your blood sugar levels and the ripple effect of that is like a hug to hormones, sleep, energy and so much more.
We all have an innate knowledge of how to take care of ourselves but if we are overexposed to the noise of too many external opinions, our access to this personal formula can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel like it.many external opinions, our access to this personal formula
can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can
choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel
Over here at Body Medicine we truly see ‘Food as Medicine’ above all else. Mama Nature would want that for all of us. It’s empowering to understand that health is provided to us locally and sustainably and while supplements can be a huge benefit, nothing matters more than the very foundation of our diet.