Four Bean Lettuce Cups
(GF, RSF, DF, V, Best in spring // summer)
A fresh Mexican-styled plate for your tastebud’s pleasure! Enjoy the different flavors and textures of this one. A great meal to practice mindful eating on as there is so much to notice. Enjoy!
- Can of 4 bean mix
- 2 lettuce leaves (I used butter lettuce)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 radishes, mandolin sliced
- ½ avocado, mashed
- Sprinkle of sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- ½ fresh lime
- ½ cup of plain coconut chips
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- Sprinkle of black pepper
GF – Gluten free
RSF – Refined sugar free
DF – Dairy free
V – Vegan
T – Tran-seasonal
Best in spring // summer
Best in fall // winter
For the Bean Mix
- Lay out the 2 lettuce leaves so they are flat and open.
- In a bowl combine the bean mix, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and radishes, drizzle with olive oil, a splash with apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper then mix thoroughly.
- Scoop the bean mix onto the lettuce cups and top with avocado, sprouts and coconut bacon.
- Drizzle with an extra dash of olive oil, fresh lime, and enjoy.
For the Coconut Bacon
- Preheat oven to 200C / 375F.
- Place parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the ingredients evenly onto the sheet pan and bake for 10 mins or until the coconut begins to slightly brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool. Store any leftovers in an airtight glass jar for up to 4 weeks
- Makes 1/2 cup,
Adapted from the My New Roots Life Changing Bread, this loaf will be a staple in your life – You’re WELCOME! It is super simple to make and contains a variety of nuts and seeds that act as both healthy fats and quality protein – by noshing on this bread, you’ll be actively supporting your blood sugar levels and the ripple effect of that is like a hug to hormones, sleep, energy and so much more.
We all have an innate knowledge of how to take care of ourselves but if we are overexposed to the noise of too many external opinions, our access to this personal formula can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel like it.many external opinions, our access to this personal formula
can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can
choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel
Over here at Body Medicine we truly see ‘Food as Medicine’ above all else. Mama Nature would want that for all of us. It’s empowering to understand that health is provided to us locally and sustainably and while supplements can be a huge benefit, nothing matters more than the very foundation of our diet.