Lunch | Dinner
Mango, Tempeh + Avocado bowl
(GF, RSF, DF, V, Best in spring // summer)
A summery, salad bowl containing mineral-dense seaweed to support thyroid function and to provide the body with essential trace elements.
- 1 mango cheek, lattice cut or roughly chopped
- ½ avocado, scoop and roughly cut
- ½ steak of tempeh, cubed
- 1 horizontal slice of red onion
- 1 tsp of mixed dried seaweed
- ½ small romaine / cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 wedge of fresh lime
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- Drizzle olive oil
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
GF – Gluten free
RSF – Refined sugar free
DF – Dairy free
V – Vegan
T – Tran-seasonal
Best in spring // summer
Best in fall // winter
- Soak the tsp of dried seaweed in a cup of water for 10 mins, then drain
- Heat a pan on the stove top and add in the avocado oil and the cubes of tempeh, cook on high heat for about 2 mins then toss, cook for a further 2 mins, then toss, continue this pattern four times or until the tempeh begins to brown. Remove from heat
- In a bowl, add the romaine and seaweed, top with tempeh, red onion, avocado, and mango cheek.
- Drizzle w/ olive oil, a splash of apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from the My New Roots Life Changing Bread, this loaf will be a staple in your life – You’re WELCOME! It is super simple to make and contains a variety of nuts and seeds that act as both healthy fats and quality protein – by noshing on this bread, you’ll be actively supporting your blood sugar levels and the ripple effect of that is like a hug to hormones, sleep, energy and so much more.
We all have an innate knowledge of how to take care of ourselves but if we are overexposed to the noise of too many external opinions, our access to this personal formula can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel like it.many external opinions, our access to this personal formula
can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can
choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel
Over here at Body Medicine we truly see ‘Food as Medicine’ above all else. Mama Nature would want that for all of us. It’s empowering to understand that health is provided to us locally and sustainably and while supplements can be a huge benefit, nothing matters more than the very foundation of our diet.