Rainbow Carrots w/ Roasted Garlic Ricotta Drizzle
(GF, RSF, T)
This is a great snack, a great side to your main meal and the sauce is something you can use in a multitude of ways (aka – it’s delicious). We suggest you keen the skin on the carrots, the roughage is an excellent source of fiber and prebiotics that your gut will love.
- 1 bag of rainbow carrots (slim variety), washed
- I bulb of garlic, roasted*
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese (use a nut alternative for a vegan option)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest only
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Sprinkle of black sesame seeds
GF – Gluten free
RSF – Refined sugar free
DF – Dairy free
V – Vegan
T – Tran-seasonal
Best in spring // summer
- Preheat oven to 200C // 400F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread the carrots evenly across the baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and salt to taste. Bake for approx. 18 mins, turning once
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a saucepan and combine with ricotta, olive oil, lemon zest and black pepper
- Place the saucepan on a low heat and stir thoroughly. Slowly add the water and bring to a simmer
- Remove from heat, lay roasted carrots out on a serving tray and drizzle generously with the ricotta sauce
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and black sesame seeds
- The ricotta sauce can be stored in an airtight glass jar in the fridge for up to a week. Use it on literally everything – you’re welcome!
Adapted from the My New Roots Life Changing Bread, this loaf will be a staple in your life – You’re WELCOME! It is super simple to make and contains a variety of nuts and seeds that act as both healthy fats and quality protein – by noshing on this bread, you’ll be actively supporting your blood sugar levels and the ripple effect of that is like a hug to hormones, sleep, energy and so much more.
We all have an innate knowledge of how to take care of ourselves but if we are overexposed to the noise of too many external opinions, our access to this personal formula can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel like it.many external opinions, our access to this personal formula
can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can
choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel
Over here at Body Medicine we truly see ‘Food as Medicine’ above all else. Mama Nature would want that for all of us. It’s empowering to understand that health is provided to us locally and sustainably and while supplements can be a huge benefit, nothing matters more than the very foundation of our diet.