Stewed Rhubarb + Apple
(GF, RSF, DF, V, T)
We make a batch of freshly stewed fruit each week to add to our morning oats and // or yogurt of choice. Easy to digest and a solid serving of fibre, we recommend stewed fruit becomes a staple in your kitchen. Feel free to adapt the recipe according to season (you can switch out the colour and type of apples and hold on the pears).
- 1 Bunch of rhubarb, destemmed and finely chopped
- 4 green apples, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ Orange, juiced
GF – Gluten free
RSF – Refined sugar free
DF – Dairy free
V – Vegan
T – Tran-seasonal
Best in spring // summer
- Place all the ingredients in a pan on the stove and bring the (very little amount of) orange juice to the boil
- Once boiled, reduce to a simmer and place the lid on the pan
- Check in every 5 minutes and stir
- All up, the fruit should begin to be soft and mushy after approx 10-15 mins
- Remove from the heat and serve (sprinkle with cinnamon). Store in an airtight glass container for up to 2 weeks
Adapted from the My New Roots Life Changing Bread, this loaf will be a staple in your life – You’re WELCOME! It is super simple to make and contains a variety of nuts and seeds that act as both healthy fats and quality protein – by noshing on this bread, you’ll be actively supporting your blood sugar levels and the ripple effect of that is like a hug to hormones, sleep, energy and so much more.
We all have an innate knowledge of how to take care of ourselves but if we are overexposed to the noise of too many external opinions, our access to this personal formula can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel like it.many external opinions, our access to this personal formula
can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can
choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel
Over here at Body Medicine we truly see ‘Food as Medicine’ above all else. Mama Nature would want that for all of us. It’s empowering to understand that health is provided to us locally and sustainably and while supplements can be a huge benefit, nothing matters more than the very foundation of our diet.