Stone Fruit and Thyme Pancakes
(GF, RSF, DF, V, Best in Summer)
These Decadent pancakes are guaranteed to elevate your morning and are adaptation by one of our favorite chefs; Sophia Roe.
While we don’t recommend them for everyday, adding them into your weekend ritual gets the green light from us!
As stone fruits are seasonal, you are welcome to switch out the fruit as you feel – Get your creative juices flowing!
- 1 cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ACV
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 7-9 apricots, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- Splash of aloe vera juice OR water
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- 2 passionfruits, scooped
- 1 tsp mint, chopped
GF – Gluten free
RSF – Refined sugar free
DF – Dairy free
V – Vegan
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Then add maple syrup, avocado oil, coconut milk, AVC and vanilla.
- Mix all together.
- Pour ½ cup of the batter onto medium heat, non-stick pan
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter and thyme.
- Let cook a few seconds until the butter is melted, add the apricots flesh side down.
- Let cook 1-2 mins, add the maple syrup and cook for a further 2 mins ensuring the heat is low.
- Once the apricots are softened at the edges, gently take them out of the pan and put them aside.
- In the pan, add the peach slices, let them cook 1-2 mins, then add the aloe vera juice or water and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and add to a bowl.
- Stack your desired number of pancakes, top with coconut yogurt, apricots, peaches, passionfruit and a sprinkle of fresh mint.
Adapted from the My New Roots Life Changing Bread, this loaf will be a staple in your life – You’re WELCOME! It is super simple to make and contains a variety of nuts and seeds that act as both healthy fats and quality protein – by noshing on this bread, you’ll be actively supporting your blood sugar levels and the ripple effect of that is like a hug to hormones, sleep, energy and so much more.
We all have an innate knowledge of how to take care of ourselves but if we are overexposed to the noise of too many external opinions, our access to this personal formula can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel like it.many external opinions, our access to this personal formula
can be compromised. Let’s simplify it here so you can
choose your what, when, how and how much anytime you feel
Over here at Body Medicine we truly see ‘Food as Medicine’ above all else. Mama Nature would want that for all of us. It’s empowering to understand that health is provided to us locally and sustainably and while supplements can be a huge benefit, nothing matters more than the very foundation of our diet.